Thursday, April 7, 2011

Feb 5, Something is digging up my garden

by Michael
(Doylestown, Pa.)

I live in southeastern Pennsylvania and I have something digging up my planting beds. I have raised beds with lots of earthworms (I think that's what they are after). The garden is surrounded by 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch wire fence that is buried 1 foot down and goes 4 feet up. Something digs up my garden. There are no obvious breaches in the fence or the gate, so I assume the creature is climbing over the fence. It doesn't eat the plants but destroys them going after whatever it is looking for. It makes holes that are about 3-4 inches in diameter and about 6 inches deep. Can you please help me identify this critter and how to get rid of it?

Thanks
Michael


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment